f

Thursday, January 12

Photobooth Tradition

 


Photobooths have been a love language for me since I was a child, dropping my mum off at the airport then going to take them with my dad and brother. Then as I got older and went to the mall with my best friend it was always a must to get a photobooth keepsake. So after my first daughter was born (about 6 months old) I happened to be waiting at the mall while my mum was setting up a Cogeco account. Sophie and I went into a photobooth and thus a tradition was born!
I kept up very well, getting our photos taken every 6 months or so, to see how she was growing and changing. When my second daughter was born, I kept up the same tradition with her.
Then covid happened and they closed off the photobooths, eventually getting rid of them entirely... I was heartbroken!!
After a few years I gave up on them coming back to the mall. So I decided to take them myself at home! I am so glad I did, but I'm sad that I missed all of those extra times in between especially because Violet was so young and has changed so much since her last photobooth photos.
Anyway, it is a lot of fun and they are framed on the wall in my room. I hope to keep doing them for years to come, as long as the girls will let me.
Also, it took me forever to find an app that would save the four pictures in the same way that the photobooth I had been using did their prints! The app is called "InCollage" (the icon is purple/blue) and it is free and super easy to use. If you ever want to try it out and have any questions, I can help!

xoxo Georgina

No comments:

Post a Comment